Metalor Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd – Innovation in Southeast Asia’s Precious Metals Market
Since 2013, Metalor Singapore has been at the forefront of Singapore’s development as a precious metals hub. A 100% subsidiary of Metalor Technologies International SA, Metalor Singapore is the sole major gold refiner in the country, playing a pivotal role in the nation’s efforts to establish itself as a key supplier of precious metals to the region.
Since its inception, Metalor Singapore has not only spearheaded the expansion of the city-state’s precious metal trading and refining capabilities, but also established itself as an indispensable player in Southeast Asia’s gold supply chain. The next step in the future of precious metals trading lies in digitalisation, and Metalor recognises the importance of innovation in bolstering competitiveness. In its efforts to lead technological advancement in the precious metals industry, Metalor Singapore has been collaborating with Hydra X to not only streamline its trading workflows, but also to automate various processes in its day-to-day operations.
Metalor GO is Metalor’s one-stop electronic trading platform that incorporates a spectrum of automation, analytic, and connectivity functionalities that enhance efficiency and liquidity. Equipped with this new platform, Metalor aims to accelerate the expansion of its precious metals solutions across Southeast Asia. More importantly, the Metalor GO and paper metal markets. Traditionally, the paper and physical metal markets are segregated, resulting in substantial market inefficiencies and restrictions in cross-market trading. Metalor GO not only offers trading capabilities that bridges this market gap, but also seamlessly integrates top-of-the-line asset liquidity to ensure smooth trading operations.
Founded in 2018, Hydra X is a provider of regulatory-compliant, enterprise-ready infrastructure solutions to prepare institutional clients for the future of finance. Hydra X offers cost-effective, end-to-end enterprise solutions and a SaaS model that is easy to adopt. Its toolkit offerings specialise in sharpening operational efficiencies to generate cost benefits and business opportunities.
With its wide range of versatile micro- services, Hydra X is in a unique position to offer the precious metals industry a suite of configurable, cutting-edge solutions designed to boost trading capabilities, physical inventory management, and operational efficiencies. Amongst its spectrum of offerings, Hydra X provides workflow augmentation to its clients via its core solutions:
- Trading Front End – Fully configurable, user-friendly platform that offers live position and liquidity tracking capabilities, coupled with multi-device support.
- Margin Management – Extensive margin configuration and management functionalities, allowing for unparalleled margin monitoring across all connected counterparties.
- Pricing Engine – Comprehensive rates-generation solution that handles low-latency, tick-level aggregation, creation and distribution of customer- specific tradable price streams.
- Order Management System (OMS) – Seamless management and execution across a wide variety of orders, coupled with a smart order-routing system.
- Back Office & Physical Inventory Module – Full integration with trading module that provides automated, accurate tracking and recording of physical inventory, accounts, and sales.
Besides offering solutions targeted at alleviating pain points within the traditional precious metals industry, Hydra X also provides blockchain-enabled solutions to financial institutions, including licensed tokenisation and custody of digital assets as well as secondary trading solutions like exchanges.
Hydra X’s partnership with Metalor Singapore has enabled the latter to improve its existing operational efficiency and scalability by augmenting trading processes. With surging demand for precious metals within the region and globally, Metalor Singapore is able to leverage Hydra X’s proprietary technologies to establish greater connectivity to a wider market and strengthen its competitiveness within the space.
Hydra X Solutions
- Smart Order Routing
- Real-time Positions Management
- Formula-Based Physical Product Pricing
- Electronic Price Aggregation
- Trading Limit Configurations
Client Management Module
- Customer Onboarding
- Margin Management
- Credit Limits Control
- Trading on Multiple Devices
Back Office Module
- Risk Settings
- Trade Reports
- Inventory Tracking
- Inventory Tracking
- Chatroom Function
- Trade Reports
- Customisable Workspace
Back to Index